Hello everyone,
We have upgraded to v16.0 of the new MICRO FOCUS REFLECTION DESKTOP PRO. In the older version of Reflection, v14, I was able to search for text and capture that data in a string using the old .findtext and .gettext methods. In the newer version of Reflection, v16.0, it appears that only the .gettext method is available to me. I have been successful in retrieving data from the screen using this method

Code:
Sub SEARCH_NEW()
' Generated by the Reflection Macro Recorder on 07-01-2017 14:19:51.59.
' Generated by Micro Focus Reflection Desktop Pro (16.0.308.0).
'
Dim osCurrentScreen As Screen
Dim osCurrentTerminal As Terminal
Dim HELLO As Variant

Const NEVER_TIME_OUT = 0

Dim LF As String    ' Chr(rcLF) = Chr(10) = Control-J
Dim CR As String    ' Chr(rcCR) = Chr(13) = Control-M

Set osCurrentTerminal = ThisFrame.SelectedView.control
Set osCurrentScreen = osCurrentTerminal.Screen

LF = Chr(10)
CR = Chr(13)

'this method actually works to retrieve a line of data from the screen as of 7/14/2017.
' need to be able to search for a specific piece of data after splitting the line of text
'
HELLO = ThisScreen.GetText(5, 1, 80)

MsgBox HELLO

Exit Sub

End Sub
In the above listed example, if I have data on my computer screen it will identify the STRING of text on the 5th row starting at column 1 and then going to column 80. This is fine with me, but I am unable to search for a specific identifying word on my screen....
Using the screenshot below, I would be extracting the String " UID: 0771950001 " (notice the leading and trailing spaces. I can use the trim function to condense and the split function to parse)

ACCESSION: UR 0714 1
PATIENT: DUCK, DAFFEY
ORDER #: 1149674
SSN/ID: ABC-12-LMOP
UID: 0771950001
DOB: Oct 31, 1901
DATE ORDERED: Jul 14, 2017
COLLECTED: Jul 14, 2017@02:40
PROVIDER: LEGHORN, FOGHORN
LAB ARRIVAL: Jul 14, 2017@02:48
With the older Reflection, I was able to use the .FindText method to search for a specific Identifying word/phrase and once found, identify the specific screen row and screen column that it was found. This made it easier to capture the specific data pieces based on the KNOWN value above. The screen position is not always the same so my ROW changes from time to time... I want to be able to search for "SSN/ID:" as my string and once found I would then be able to identify the row it was located in. I could then set my variable to increment for each subsequent work/phrase based on that ROW location...

Can anyone suggest a good equivalent method to use in the newer version of REFLECTION...