I am not sure what details are needed in order to get assistance with this, so I will just start out with the symptoms. This has been seen in both our LAB and QA environment.

In Designer, I deleted a rule from a driver, I deployed that driver and did a restart....ran a level 3 trace on the migration of an account and still saw the old rule in the trace. I then logged into iManager and looked at the policy on the driver and still saw the rule....that I just deleted from Designer and deployed. While in iManager I deleted the same rule, saved the change and it restarted the driver.....then I ran another level 3 trace on the migration of an account and still saw the old rule in the trace. I waited probably 1 or 2 minutes, restarted the driver again.....ran another level 3 trace on the migration of an account and the old rule was no longer in the trace.

I have never seen this before but as one can tell this is a major issue. I was certainly under the impression that once I do a deploy from Designer and a restart of the driver that the change is running in prod, and that is what I have always seen up until this point. I have tested this several times and have seen it every time and also a co-worker of mine has seen the same thing in our LAB environment.

Any ideas?