I have the following environment:

Server A = IDM engine
Server B = Identity Applications
Server C = Reporting and Sentinel

i am following this guide: https://www.netiq.com/documentation/...a/part04g.html

I have done the following:

Checklist Items

1 Learn about the interaction among Identity Manager components. For more information, see Section 3.3.4, Identity Reporting.

2 Decide which servers you want to use for your Identity Manager components. For more information, see Section 5.3, Recommended Installation Scenarios and Server Setup.

3 Review the considerations for installing Identity Reporting. For more information, see Section 41.3, Prerequisites for Installing the Identity Reporting Components.

4 Review the hardware and software requirements for the computers that will host Identity Reporting. For more information, see Section 41.4, System Requirements for Identity Reporting.

5 (Conditional) For computers running a SLES 12 SP1 or later operating system, ensure that you have installed the appropriate set of libraries for a guided installation. For more information, see Section 6.3, Installing Identity Manager on SLES 12 SP1 or Later Servers.

6 (Conditional) For computers running an RHEL 6.x or RHEL 7.x operating system, ensure that you have installed the appropriate set of libraries. For more information, see Section 6.4, Installing Identity Manager on RHEL 6.x or 7.x Servers.

7 Ensure that you have installed the identity applications. For more information, see Section 33.0, Planning to Install the Identity Applications.

8 Install Sentinel. For more information, see Section 14.0, Installing Sentinel

9 Ensure that the server where you want to install Identity Reporting has an application server, such as Tomcat. For more information, see Section 28.0, Installing PostgreSQL and Tomcat.

So I am able to visit the Sentinel interface and login on: https://serverC:8543/sentinel/views/main.html

That works fine.

But I am not able to log into the reporting module, which is on: https://ServerC:8443/IDMRPT/

As you can see I have installed Sentinel on port 8543 and also it has it's own Postgres ports, so nothing collides.

When i try to log into reporting, I get:

Code:
Error: The service may be disabled or and invalid request was made to an active service.
Questions:

1. On Server C I have not installed the OSP_SSPR module. Am I supposed to do that?
2. After installing the reporting module, I ran configupdate. There are 2 of them:

/opt/netiq/idm/apps/IdentityReporting/bin/configupdate.sh
/opt/netiq/idm/apps/IdentityReporting/bin/linux/tomcat/configupdate.sh

Which one is the correct one?

Aftr running /opt/netiq/idm/apps/IdentityReporting/bin/configupdate.sh - I am unable to exit it. It wants me to fill out multiple fields, such as OAuth client secret under the Landing configurations, and the same under Dashboard etc. Besides that, the OSP keystore file is not a real path. I guess there should actually be an osp.jks, but this has not been a part of the reporting installation. Should i copy it from the UA server? Or should I have installed OSP_SSPR?

What am i missing?

Jacob.