We are using ZCM 2017 update 2 to let us use WinPE via USB to restore images on some of our newer devices that aren't loading using the PXE/Linux imaging system (like the latest HP x360 G1, or the HP Stream G4).

I have worked with Novell Support (who have been exceptional) on this, and I'm at the point now where booting to a WinPE USB stick works, and I can cancel the Zenworktodo.exe GUI and then use the command line to take/restore images.

All good, but now I want to make it easier, and script a menu like I have under the PXE/Linux system.

Novell support told me that I can remove the 'zenworktodo.exe' file under C:\Program Files (x86)\Novell\ZENworks\share\tomcat\webapps\zenwork s\ext\3PIUtils and then when building the WinPE ISO it will stay at the command prompt.

But how can I add a custom menu/batch file to run? I'm not very fluent in WinPE, sorry. My best guess is to create a batch file menu and then convert it from a bat file to a "zenworktodo.exe" file so it will run. But is there an easier way to somehow modify the startnet.cmd file, so that after the 'wpeinit' I have it call a custom bat file?

TIA,
Michelle