Home

Thread: Console does not show based on Role assigned

Hybrid View

Console does not show based on Role assigned

Hi

I am trying to assign roles based access to users.
    I have tried based on various roles now. Created a group, assigned module 'cmdctrl' and role 'console' and added a user to this group

But when I log in as this user, he does not have access to any module - just a blank console.

The unifid.log displays this one error though - Fri Jun 15 06:18:09 2018, 821, 1021560576, 1767, Error, Peer authorization error XXXXX@localhost accessing admin.getAlert

Regards,
    Rohit

tdharris is offline Micro Focus Employee - Ultra Contributor

Re: Console does not show based on Role assigned

Was there a browser dialog error that pops up when trying to access the Command Control Console while logged in as this user?

I suspect that the 'cmdctrl:console' module/role is not sufficient to retrieve the rules to display. I have tested in my own environment and the rules & policies will display if I also add the 'read' role in addition to 'console' :

Module:Role
    --------------
    cmdctrl:console
    cmdctrl:read

So in this case, 'console' refers to accessing it within the Administration Console, but then it will fail to retrieve any records from the cmdctrl db, so the 'read' role is also necessary to fetch and display the cmdctrl rules & policies. To add the ability to create & modify these rules, then you'll also want to add 'cmdctrl:write'. I'll have the documentation section updated so it is more clear that the 'read' role allows viewing of the cmdctrl rules as well.

tdharris is offline Micro Focus Employee - Ultra Contributor

I have written the following TID that helps address this issue:
    https://www.novell.com/support/kb/doc.php?id=7023100

I have also requested from the documentation writers to clarify the need for the 'read' role in this case, as I was able to duplicate the issue you reported with only the 'cmdctrl:console' role added.

Thanks a lot.
    It works.

Regards
    Rohit