We have a somewhat sophisticated requirement for copying bundles between zones and conducting a number of bundle-related checks in the middle of this process. An apparently suitable mechanism is using zman betf / zman bsetf in the source zone to get the export data, decode it for processing by the relevant bundle-related checks, mangle the data as necessary and use it for zman bc / zman bss in the destination zone.

All of this is already a working proof-of-concept, with one (well, two) exceptions:
1. the new bundle's display name is not being set to what the export data says it should be
2. the icon is not being exported with betf and thus cannot be re-imported using bc

We've actually solved 2. by using the undocumented zenworks-bundleadmin SOAP service in undocumented ways (Powershell code follows):
Code:
$ZCMServer = "localhost"
$SourceBundlePath = "/Bundles/My/TestBundle"
$DestBundlePath = "/Bundles/My/AnotherBundle"
$SOAPBundleAdmin = New-WebServiceProxy -Uri "http://$ZCMServer/zenworks-bundleadmin/?wsdl" -Credential $ZenCredential

# Get the bundle icon
$BundleIcon = $SOAPBundleAdmin.getBundleIcon($SourceBundlePath)

# Set the bundle icon
If(-not $SOAPBundleAdmin.setBundleIcon($DestBundlePath, $BundleIcon)) {
    Throw "Could not set Icon for Bundle '$DestBundlePath' - setBundleIcon has returned 'false'."
}
But so far we could not find a viable approach to change the bundle's display name. Zman has no relevant commands in its command set and using the SOAP API seems not as straightforward as it is for the bundle icon:

Code:
$MyBundle = $SOAPBundleAdmin.getByUID($DestBundlePath)
$MyBundle.DisplayName = "My Another Bundle"
$SOAPBundleAdmin.update($MyBundle)
Exception calling "update" with "1" argument(s): "got "ELEMENT_START" ("<IsEnabled"), expected "ELEMENT_END""
At line:1 char:1
+ $SOAPBundleAdmin.update($MyBundle)
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [], ParentContainsErrorRecordException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : SoapException
So I am open to suggestions, although I would be especially interested in solutions involving the SOAP API.