Home

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Will there be a new version of Validator?

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    3

    Will there be a new version of Validator?

    We have started using Validator quite extensively over the past year, and several of my colleagues are requesting new features to make developing tests easier. Will there be a new version? Is NetIQ/Micro Focus/?? taking input for new features in Validator?

  2. #2

    Re: Will there be a new version of Validator?

    mihtjel wrote:

    > Is NetIQ/Micro
    > Focus/?? taking input for new features in Validator?


    When you open Validator, there's a link on the Home page to their Ideas portal
    where you can request new feature (scroll down a bit). Just follow the link to
    https://validator.ideascale.com and describe your request. Maybe first have a
    look if your new feature has already been requested before, in which case you
    may want to +1 it.


    --
    http://www.is4it.de/en/solution/iden...ss-management/

    (If you find this post helpful, please click on the star below.)

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    6,213

    Re: Will there be a new version of Validator?

    On 2/13/2019 11:56 AM, Lothar Haeger wrote:
    > mihtjel wrote:
    >
    >> Is NetIQ/Micro
    >> Focus/?? taking input for new features in Validator?

    >
    > When you open Validator, there's a link on the Home page to their Ideas portal
    > where you can request new feature (scroll down a bit). Just follow the link to
    > https://validator.ideascale.com and describe your request. Maybe first have a
    > look if your new feature has already been requested before, in which case you
    > may want to +1 it.


    The developers are quite active in reading the Ideas portal, so put your
    ideas there.

    Post links with minor descriptions, and we will gladly go consider
    voting for them.




  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    3

    Re: Will there be a new version of Validator?

    [QUOTE=lhaeger;2495259]mihtjel wrote:

    > Is NetIQ/Micro
    > Focus/?? taking input for new features in Validator?


    When you open Validator, there's a link on the Home page to their Ideas portal
    where you can request new feature (scroll down a bit). Just follow the link to
    https://validator.ideascale.com and describe your request. Maybe first have a
    look if your new feature has already been requested before, in which case you
    may want to +1 it.

    Thanks, I hadn't spotted that! I'll get our new tester to put his ideas in there ;-)

  5. #5
    kgividen is offline Micro Focus Employee - Ultra Contributor
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    48

    Re: Will there be a new version of Validator?

    Quote Originally Posted by mihtjel View Post
    We have started using Validator quite extensively over the past year, and several of my colleagues are requesting new features to make developing tests easier. Will there be a new version? Is NetIQ/Micro Focus/?? taking input for new features in Validator?

    As Geoff and Lothar stated we look at IdeaScale for new feature ideas. We also look in bugzilla so you can post your ideas there. You can also post them here as sometimes that feature might actually be available without being known.

    Validator is currently at release 1.5 so make sure you've downloaded the latest version to see the latest features. We are in continual development and plan to have new versions coming. Although, I don't have a current timeline for you at this time.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    6,213

    Re: Will there be a new version of Validator?

    On 2/19/2019 1:04 PM, kgividen wrote:
    >
    > mihtjel;2495250 Wrote:
    >> We have started using Validator quite extensively over the past year,
    >> and several of my colleagues are requesting new features to make
    >> developing tests easier. Will there be a new version? Is NetIQ/Micro
    >> Focus/?? taking input for new features in Validator?

    >
    >
    > As Geoff and Lothar stated we look at IdeaScale for new feature ideas.
    > We also look in bugzilla so you can post your ideas there. You can also
    > post them here as sometimes that feature might actually be available
    > without being known.
    >
    > Validator is currently at release 1.5 so make sure you've downloaded the
    > latest version to see the latest features. We are in continual
    > development and plan to have new versions coming. Although, I don't
    > have a current timeline for you at this time.


    I see I can report duplicates on other peoples Ideas, but on mine I
    cannot? I see I duplicated my own, #27 is a dupe of 34. (34 has more
    votes. so close 27?)


  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    3

    Re: Will there be a new version of Validator?

    We're running v1.5.0.b579 - I believe that to be the latest version. I will have a further look at IdeaScale and see if we need to add some Ideas :-)

  8. #8

    Re: Will there be a new version of Validator?

    Why not open source the Validator?

    Or provide a plugin architecture making it possible to extend the Validator?
    /T

  9. #9

    Re: Will there be a new version of Validator?

    liasson wrote:

    > Why not open source the Validator?
    >
    > Or provide a plugin architecture making it possible to extend the
    > Validator?


    Why not open source IDM engine and apps? Probably because it's a product Micro
    Focus wants to sell... ;-)

    --
    http://www.is4it.de/en/solution/iden...ss-management/

    (If you find this post helpful, please click on the star below.)

  10. #10

    Re: Will there be a new version of Validator?

    The open-source Validator would rather be a sales enabler for the 'actual' product, the IDM.
    Why not earn money on the core product instead?
    /T

    Quote Originally Posted by lhaeger View Post
    liasson wrote:

    > Why not open source the Validator?
    >
    > Or provide a plugin architecture making it possible to extend the
    > Validator?


    Why not open source IDM engine and apps? Probably because it's a product Micro
    Focus wants to sell... ;-)

    --
    http://www.is4it.de/en/solution/iden...ss-management/

    (If you find this post helpful, please click on the star below.)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •