Home

Thread: Filr 3.4.3 to 4.0 upgrade

Threaded View

Filr 3.4.3 to 4.0 upgrade

Hi today i was trying to upgrade filr 3.4.3 to 4.x but i had some problems with upgrade.

More or less problem was with migration from mysql to postgresql.

I was following this documentation:
    https://www.microfocus.com/documenta...dt993zq1c.html

Everything went well until i came to this point:
    When the appliance displays the final screen in the console window, open your management browser and log in to the appliance on port 9443 as the vaadmin user.

Here i had some errors/missing icons:
    1. phpPGAdmin icon is missing in UI
    2. Filr - Configuration returned error. PostgreSQL problem.

From what i have noticed is that Postgres is trying to use ROOT user which doesn't exist. I had to modify /filrinstall/installer.xml and change username to POSTGRES

PHP Code:
        <Config id="Installed" type="PostgreSql">
                <
    Resource driverClassName="org.postgresql.Driver" for="icecore" password="SOME_PASSWORD" url="jdbc:postgresql://localhost:5432/filr?charSet=UTF-8" username="postgres"/>
            </
    Config>
        </
    Database

Second problem was that even that authentication was correct in console, i didn't get it to work from filr script so i have changed postgres authentication method from MD5 to Trust.

File: /vastorage/postgres/conf/vabase-pg_hba.conf
    PHP Code:
    local   all             all                                     trust 
    And the third problem was that database filr was missing. I was first looking if some script includes creation of filr database but i couldn't find it so i have created it on my own.
    PHP Code:
    psql -U postgres -"create database filr;" 
    After this upgrade finished.

Upgrade could be restarted through https://FILR_IP:9443/filrconfig
    After you get an error you click "Finish" and filr retries upgrade.

After another check i have noticed that if upgrade is succesfull phpPGAdmin icon is there, but connecting to https://FILR_IP:8443/ssf/a/ returns an error so i need to debug more.

ERROR:

PHP Code:
    HTTP Status 500 &#8211; Internal Server Error
    Type Exception Report

Description The server encountered an unexpected condition that prevented it from fulfilling the request

Exception

java
    .lang.NullPointerException
        org
    .hibernate.cache.impl.bridge.RegionFactoryCacheProviderBridge.nextTimestamp(RegionFactoryCacheProviderBridge.java:93)

org.hibernate.impl.SessionFactoryImpl.openSession(SessionFactoryImpl.java:637)

org.hibernate.impl.SessionFactoryImpl.openSession(SessionFactoryImpl.java:646)

org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.SessionFactoryUtils.doGetSession(SessionFactoryUtils.java:321)

org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.SessionFactoryUtils.getSession(SessionFactoryUtils.java:202)

org.kablink.teaming.util.SessionUtil.sessionStartup(SessionUtil.java:63)

org.kablink.teaming.webdav.servlet.filter.HibernateSessionSetupFilter.setupHibernateSession(HibernateSessionSetupFilter.java:92)

org.kablink.teaming.webdav.servlet.filter.HibernateSessionSetupFilter.doFilter(HibernateSessionSetupFilter.java:73)

org.kablink.teaming.webdav.servlet.filter.ResourceDispatchFilter.doFilter(ResourceDispatchFilter.java:210)
    Note The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the server logs

I hope this helps someone.
    Last edited by seba4; 09-Apr-2019 at 04:28 PM.